Garlic Salmon with Manuka Honey
Salt and pepper, to season
1/2 tbsp paprika (mild, sweet or smokey)
2 tbsps butter
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
1 tbsp water
Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat oven to broil/grill settings on medium heat.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the manuka honey, water and soy sauce; allow the flavours to heat through and combine. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Add the salmon steaks to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (if desired).
- Add the lemon wedges around the salmon (adds a stronger lemon taste).
- Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to broil / grill for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, and the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, drizzle with the sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad.
Manuka honey Cheesecake with Raspberries
140 g full fat soft cheese
50 ml double cream
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsps manuka honey
125 g punnet raspberry
fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Sit 2 x 9cm metal rings on 2 small serving plates. Crush the biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin, then divide between the rings, pressing down to form the base.
- Put the soft cheese in a bowl, then whisk together with the double cream, sugar and 2 tbsp honey until soft peaks form. Spoon the mixture into the rings, then spread the top flat. You can chill the cheesecakes now until ready to serve.
- Crush a third of the raspberries with 1 tsp honey, then gently fold in the rest. Using a blowtorch, warm around the edge of the ring and lift off – or use a knife to run around the inside of the ring, and lift off. Spoon over the raspberries and serve.
Iced Sparkling Manuka Honey Lime Red Tea
- Brew red tea according to package instructions, stir in honey and let cool. In a large pitcher, stir together the tea and lime juice, then top with club soda.
- Serve over ice with limes slices, if desired.